- Anne McCafferey
- Audiobook Podcast
- book release
- Book Review
- Book Trailer
- By Others
- Character Interview
- Eric and Andrew Show
- give away
- Hunger Games
- mordor update
- movie cast
- new release
- progress report
- Short Story
- Suzanne Collins
- Undermountain News
- What's Funny
With the launch of Scions of Sacrifice yesterday, The Scion Chronicles has come to an end. It’s bittersweet for me, because I’ve come to care a lot about Jacey and her friends over the past few years.
I’ve already been asked (several times), “Is it really done? Are there are any more books in this world in the plans?” The answer is a definite, “It’s done.” That said, you may see the occasional short story or novella set in the Scions’ world from time to time.
What’s next for me?
I’m deep into writing my next series, a YA fantasy set in an entirely new world full of magic, beasts, and telepathic cats. Stay tuned!
I’m thrilled to show you the beautiful new cover art for Scions of Sacrifice, the final novel in The Scion Chronicles.
As always, the art was created by the amazing Anna Dittmann!
Can’t wait to see it with the title on it. Exciting stuff!
Start the first book in the series–Daughter of Nothing–for FREE on Wattpad!
I’m excited to be included in this incredible bundle featuring some fantastic novels. Bundlerabbit.com is a fantastic new ebook retailer that focuses exclusively on putting together bundles around central themes.
Undermountain currently retails for $7.99, but on Bundlerabbit you can get Undermountain plus four more complete novels for just $5.99. Offer ends soon, so grab your bundle now.
Are you a teen?
Did you used to be a teen?
Are you going to be a teen soon?
Then you know that teenagers are already the most powerful force in the known universe. Which makes teenagers with superpowers pretty much unstoppable!
In this collection of stories featuring super teens, you’ll meet:
- Danny and Breyona, who are caught in the middle of a war between two alien races.
- Conner, Almira, Ricky, and Flower, who release an army of Grim Reapers into the world.
- Riley Jamison, who can change the future with his thoughts.
- Kyle, who discovers that his family has a horrific and violent secret.
- Blue, who hates zombies because, among other reasons, they have scared all the hot girls away.
- Young Jin, transported by accidental magic from the icy streets of Thama to the mysterious desert world of Darha.
- Rick, who wakes up in the hospital reading the thoughts of everyone around him.
- Kelley Strickland, and her twin brother Jeroan, who both accidentally step into an ancient battle between two sorcerers.
- Claire Murray, who inherits a dragon and discovers she’s a faery princess.
- Garrick, a mage’s apprentice, who is soon to be a full-fledged sorcerer.
- Lucy Daz, a teenage orphan, who lives a busker’s life on Damyadi Space Station.
- Spitball, a young speedster, who races into the superhero limelight… and away from flesh-eating zombies.
From authors as diverse as Stefon Mears, Mario Milosevic, Carl S. Plumer, Shantnu Tiwari, J.D. Brink, and Sherry D. Ramsey; in genres covering Fantasy, Science Fiction, the Paranormal, and more! Enjoy tales of wonder, adventure, and excitement — all featuring fearless teenagers of high school and college age.
Enjoy some of the best books featuring teens by some of the best, new authors writing today. All in one superdeal.
Here’s the run down. (Note: All these are affiliate links, but you can easily get around that by searching for these items on Amazon.)
Don Quixoteby Cervantes: this is a looong novel. Fortunately, each chapter is relatively short and the story is very episodic. That means you can read it in bits. The book is hilarious!
Sandman Slipcase SetI had never read Gaiman’s masterpiece. Probably because I never had a history of reading comics at all. I’ve heard it referenced so many times, I decided to educate myself. It’s great!
The Sketchnote Handbook Video Edition: the illustrated guide to visual note taking (includes The Sketchnote Handbook book and access to The Sketchnote Handbook Video)
I wish I’d had this taught to me in school. I was terrible note taker all the way through college. Sketchnotes offers a different—and far more engaging—way to take notes, using pictures, typography, and page structure. The best thing is, you don’t have to be a good artist. A finished page of sketchnotes looks cool, too.
Gadgets and Things
I’m loving my SONOS PLAY:3 wireless speakers. I put one in the living room and now I have the playbar for the bedroom tv. I can send music from Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, etc to it using my iPhone, computer, iPad, kindle fire, wirelessly. Easy to set up and sounds great.
I’ve been walking around in my Merrel Barefoot shoes. They take a bit of getting used to because they don’t have the high, cushy heel most sneaks have. They’re extremely lightweight and comfy.
Dropcam is the best wi-fi security cam I’ve found. High quality video, easy to set up.