My story “Angry Sean” is featured in this bundle of urban fantasy short stories. The price on this is incredible. $3.99 gets you 20 stories!
We noticed that Lucky has been cowering and hiding behind our legs recently. This happened once before when the guys came to stain the deck. Their pressure washers freaked him out.
Anyway, a couple days ago he goes all scaredy-dog on us. The pic below is him sheltering under my chair. I was writing all day, and that’s where he hung out. We think he might have gotten stung by a bee and now thinks all buzzies are bad guys.
The dog teaches. Most fear is irrational. Harmless things often look scary. The trick is to stop oneself from cowering long enough to see what is truly there. Most of the time, it isn’t anything at all.
So my wife JJ and I are watching The Big Bang Theory these days. We’re on season three now.
Last night we saw an episode that really tickled my weird sense of humor. This bit in particular: “If I could speak the language of rabbits, they would be amazed and I would be their king. I would be kind to my rabbit subjects…at first.” —Raj Koothrappali
What’s funny about this bit—aside from the ridiculousness of the whole notion—is the phrase “they would be amazed.” For me, that amazed bit is the real heart of the joke, not the overtly humorous “at first” that ends it.
I’ve been thinking about this “amazed” bit on and off all day. Why is that so funny to me? Maybe it’s the image of these slack-jawed, wide-eyed bunnies, stopping mid-chew to stare at Raj as he spoke to them. They’re thinking, “holy crap, that human can talk.”
But I wasn’t picturing that when I first saw the scene. I think “they would be amazed” is inherently funny, but I don’t know why.
Amazed rabbits. Sounds like a great name for a band.
I’m excited to be included in this incredible bundle featuring some fantastic novels. Bundlerabbit.com is a fantastic new ebook retailer that focuses exclusively on putting together bundles around central themes.
Undermountain currently retails for $7.99, but on Bundlerabbit you can get Undermountain plus four more complete novels for just $5.99. Offer ends soon, so grab your bundle now.
Are you a teen?
Did you used to be a teen?
Are you going to be a teen soon?
Then you know that teenagers are already the most powerful force in the known universe. Which makes teenagers with superpowers pretty much unstoppable!
In this collection of stories featuring super teens, you’ll meet:
- Danny and Breyona, who are caught in the middle of a war between two alien races.
- Conner, Almira, Ricky, and Flower, who release an army of Grim Reapers into the world.
- Riley Jamison, who can change the future with his thoughts.
- Kyle, who discovers that his family has a horrific and violent secret.
- Blue, who hates zombies because, among other reasons, they have scared all the hot girls away.
- Young Jin, transported by accidental magic from the icy streets of Thama to the mysterious desert world of Darha.
- Rick, who wakes up in the hospital reading the thoughts of everyone around him.
- Kelley Strickland, and her twin brother Jeroan, who both accidentally step into an ancient battle between two sorcerers.
- Claire Murray, who inherits a dragon and discovers she’s a faery princess.
- Garrick, a mage’s apprentice, who is soon to be a full-fledged sorcerer.
- Lucy Daz, a teenage orphan, who lives a busker’s life on Damyadi Space Station.
- Spitball, a young speedster, who races into the superhero limelight… and away from flesh-eating zombies.
From authors as diverse as Stefon Mears, Mario Milosevic, Carl S. Plumer, Shantnu Tiwari, J.D. Brink, and Sherry D. Ramsey; in genres covering Fantasy, Science Fiction, the Paranormal, and more! Enjoy tales of wonder, adventure, and excitement — all featuring fearless teenagers of high school and college age.
Enjoy some of the best books featuring teens by some of the best, new authors writing today. All in one superdeal.
I’m thrilled to announce that Book 3 of The Scion Chronicles, SISTER OF SHADOWS, is out. Get your copy before the price goes up!